Jan Marini Acid Peels
Glycolic Acid Peel
Simple, safe, and non-invasive, Jan Marini Glycolic peels are unbelievably effective at improving the condition of your skin without the down-time of traditional peels. This facial procedure will completely resurface the skin, giving it a dramatically soft and smoother texture.
Representing the very best technological advances in skin care, these peels work in conjunction with Jan Marini’s renowned Skin Care Management System products to significantly decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne, scarring, premature ageing and pigmentation.
A course of 6 peels is recommended over a six week period for optimum results. However, you should seek advice from your therapist as the peel can be performed with varying percentages of the acid, and the desired results are personal to each individual. The depth of the peel is controlled by 3 factors: the concentration of the solution, length of time applied and preparation of the skin.
THE PEEL PROCEDURE
On application of the acid peel you may experience a mild stinging sensation which is normal and usually subsides after a minute or two, for some individuals this can last longer but is fully resolved when the peel is washed off. The acid peel is left in place for a period of time that will be assessed by your practitioner, and is dependant on how your skin has reacted to the home care program and to the amount of peels you have already had.
The face may become pink after the solution is applied and there may also be a faint whitish discolouration in some areas. In some instances you may experience some flaking of the skin after you peel – this is also normal. Any residual redness or dehydration (if present) will subside during the first few days after the peel, and you should not pick off any dead skin.
The use of sunbeds or sunbathing is not recommended for at least 2 weeks after a peel.
BENEFITS OF A GLYCOLIC ACID PEEL
- No down time! Make-up can be applied immediately and normal activities can resume after treatment.
- Assists to resolve photo-damaged skin (sun damage), acne and scar reduction, premature ageing, hyperpigmentation.
- Significantly decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stimulates collagen and elastin.
- Accelerates the results that can be achieved with glycolic home care products.
- Produces dramatic changes with minimal irritation.
THE JAN MARINI SKINCARE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PRODUCTS
Anyone who wishes to undergo a glycolic peel must first follow a Jan Marini Skin Care Management System using glycolic acid-based products, for at least two weeks prior to the first peel and also during the course of peels.
The Jan Marini Skin Care Management system consists of a selection of products which prepare your skin for glycolic acid treatments using diluted solutions, this initial stage is an important part of the overall glycolic peel procedure.
THE GLYCOLIC PEEL CHECKLIST
- A thorough consultation is carried out prior to recommending a course of Jan Marini Glycolic Acid Peels.
- If diagnosed with any medical condition, the client will need to consult with their doctor before undergoing a peel.
- Consent form needs to be signed prior to undergoing glycolic peels.
- If you have been treated for acne during the past year and have been prescribed Accutane, please note this medication should be discontinued for 6-12 months before glycolic acid peels can be done and you must have your doctor’s approval.
Contact us for your free aesthetic treatment consultation
Anew Gift Vouchers
Give someone special the gift of beauty with vouchers available to buy in the salon
Find us on Facebook for all the latest news and offers!
See our latest pictures on Instagram!
3a Southam Road